The Ladder (kind of) manifesto
What is The Ladder ?
A pop-up project re-imagining the ways the community can access work and income.
Turning needs and challenges of the community into work opportunities for its members.
The Ladder intentions:
- Involve community on this re-imagination process;
- Use community assets/ resources as platforms/tools for work;
- Turn communities needs into work opportunities;
- Empower individuals to access income;
- Enhance skills & talent of each individual;
- Guarantee every individual thinks in a future rather than “getting a job”
- Challenge the current perception of job;
- Create work opportunities that are flexible around each one’s priorities & ambitions;
- Create motivation within individuals, households, and the community as a whole;
- Ensure that each household involved has access to an income that provides a comfortable life.
The Ladder goals:
- Boost social mobility;
- Break poverty cycles;
- Break intergenerational unemployment;
- Turn individual dreams into reality;
- Look beyond entry level.
The Ladder outcome:
A sustainable service that can be put in place in the Andover Estate.
The Ladder is part of the final project of a MA in Service Design being undertaken by Laís de Almeida at the Royal College of Art.